View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuouslover View Post
I asked my wife if she ever commented during these times and she said "no way, the funny thing was is they were just trying to draw compliments or for the others to reassure them how thin they are.
I still don't get that. When a thin woman complains about how fat she is, I usually just kept my mouth shut, because as everyone's mom used to say; if you can't say something nice... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuouslover View Post
Also, it seemed that when we were all around as couples in group settings my wife played a slightly different role, she played up the fact that she was heavier by making comments or eating extra deserts just in a way that it was her role among these women.
This is *very* familiar to me. I saw all the people around me trying to be as thin as possible, and it filled me with an incredible sense of the wrongness of it all; like they were unbalancing the universe, and somehow, I had to "make up" for them.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote