Thread: Loop in America
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #127
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitScorpion View Post
(At least in Michigan and Ohio) Not all American Cheese is what is usually called "processed food" (truth be known, cheese itself is one of the first processed foods, )
My point was mainly that there is no indigenous American cheese, meaning real cheese made out of milk, salt and its own bacterial culture and ripening process.

Having grown up in the Midwest, of course I know there are nice small dairies around that make good own Cheddar or Emmental.
But that in essence means they are recreating an English or Swiss cheese.

It baffles me that with such good milk as basic ingredient (I drink milk in the US, never in Europe because I hate the taste), nobody ever went ahead to create real cheese with its own bacterial culture and ripening process.

The US supplied the world with many great inventions - why not with own decent cheese???
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote