View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #13
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: these studies often use BMI as their metric for determining overweight or obese. Right off the bat the studies are flawed and greatly overstate the extent to which the "problem" exists. If the researchers can't be bothered to use a better metric* then I can't be bothered to waste my time on their report

*to be fair, I've not actually read either of the links, but I have read countless others and the same flaw exists in most of not all of them.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote