View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseFA View Post
So my fellow F/FAs, what plus size celebrities do you like?

I mean I'm sure we've all got at least one, I'll start with mine, Nigella Lawson, Kirstie Allsopp, Jenny Ryan and Beth Ditto.
I don't really follow real-world celebrities anymore. It got too hard, because almost every time I would see a woman who actually looked great (by my estimation) on TV, she'd turn out to be either wearing a fat suit, or would lose weight within months. Real people; especially celebrities, will put their careers before me, and they should. There's no reason for them to stay fat if it's not what they want to be. It just means I can't rely on them as an inspiration anymore.

Sadly, even in other well-known forms of media, female characters usually won't be fat, or won't stay fat for more than one episode, but I've developed a bit of a liking for Inko Midoriya, from My Hero Academia. I think she's very cute, after the first episode. There are also isolated photographs that I've found online; usually just normal stuff, where someone will be casually looking into a camera with a friendly smile, and it'll really hit me in the heart. I've got one, right now, of a girl leaning across from what looks like the passenger's side seat of a minivan, with her much-thinner friend only halfway in the picture, and yes, the girl is big, but it's more than that. Her whole look and expression just called out to me, and I've been referring to that picture for writing inspiration since then.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote