View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #234
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At my new workplace there is a summer student (intern I guess you could say) who appears to have bought a new work wardrobe for this job, in probably a size L, and who would probably be better served by a size XL at this point. In the circumstances even noticing her body is all sorts of wrong, and I end up having to give myself a figurative smack across the nose with a rolled up newspaper about twice a day when I cross paths with her and my FA instincts start cataloging all the little signs and I have to tell myself 'no, no, NO! No oggling, not even semi-casual glances, best briefly meet her eyes then get interested in something over there and never even allow your gaze to focus below her cheekbones."

Then today she was leaving the break room just as I was coming in, and saw another guy peel his eyes away from her posterior, give me a sheepish grin and a bit of a 'what can you do?" shrug. He's much younger, not in a management position, and for all I know could be single. I'm not sure if I feel better that I'm not the only one who has a hard time not looking, or jealous that others are in a position where they can look without it being so bad.