View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Something that you have to decide for yourself, obviously. But my take would be probably not to do so. Basically this is your issue, and it is up to you to manage it as best as you possibly can and not put the stress on her.

The only exception, to me, is if this is such a problem that it is ruining your sex life, in which case I'd think talking to a sex therapist might be the route, and all you'd initially need to tell your wife is something like "Look, I've got stuff stuck in my mind that is messing me up sexually. I thought I could just ignore it and be OK, but obviously things haven't been going well in the bedroom. I think I should talk to a therapist who maybe can help me sort through it. I don't really want to start talking about it all until I talk to a therapist, but I promise you that it isn't anything dangerous or criminal, just my brain chasing itself down a rabbit-hole I can't seem to get out of."

But if you are managing the sex life OK, I'd be inclined to accept that we don't always get what we want, focus on all the parts of your wife that do turn you on .... and maybe let her know that she doesn't have to diet for your sake