Thread: I can't commit!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 06:48 AM   #8
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
To be honest I have given up on men as far as marriage or a love interest goes.
Been married twice and got cheated on both times so that kind of tells me I'm hard to live with apparently.
Was I too touchy feeley, too emotionally needy or just too demanding I don't know.
I know I can't deal with the mind games guys play.
Xena I so hope you find that right guy for you because you are so worth it.
This is more of a blanket statement, and not meant to change how you feel about guys. And I am not knocking marriage for anyone when I say this, but people place to much emphasis on it, as a carrot you should chase. Just like we are supposed to want a thin partner. I think it leads to people wanting to settle with people that tolerate them. I am saying this as a person who likes monogamy. I had this opinion before getting married, but has gotten stronger after divorce I did not see coming.

My ex-wife was marriage and wedding obsessed. She excitedly said to me many times while dating and engaged, “wont everything be great when we are married?” Each time I asked why, and her response, “Well it just will, it’s marriage.” I would ask, “wouldn’t it just be the same as right now?” Her response, “NO! We’d be married.” To this day, I have no idea what she thought marriage was going to be. When she told me she was divorcing me, “I don’t regret marrying you.” She acted like saying that statement was important to me. I just found it confusing, and unhelpful.

I don’t have interest in perusing marriage. I think people will put more effort in a relationship when they are in it when they want to be rather than when they (legally) have to be.