Thread: I can't commit!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #15
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed
Default My jaded perspective.

I'm old... been in two long term relationships, I have never been married. The first was 18 years the second was right at 10. The benefits to being married are when you are in it for the long haul. It is a type of security that the legal contract gives you and the things that the good old USA recognize. When the first relationship ended, I treated it like it was an on paper marriage and split things up the best I could. I got the house but I also got all the unsecured credit card debt and both car notes. I didn't fight doing what was right, I didn't feel like i needed to "get mine'. Unfortunately not everyone is like that and when things split it can get very ugly and unfortunately large women often fall pretty far down on the socioeconomic scale. They have a lot to lose and in my opinion need to make sure they are protecting themselves financially both for the current situation and the future. My second long term relationship also not a marriage ended tragically. It didn't matter what we intended or what we wanted, it was what it was. If you are not married, and things are not legally set up correctly you could very well find yourself out in the cold, literally. My suggestion is commit or don't commit but be smart and cover your lovely voluptuous ass!

I do agree that in life that there is room for more than one love. I've been very lucky and had two big loves. I'm better for it, and I learned many painful lessons.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote