View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

I watched This is Us.... binge watched it actually. I am totally floored that the boyfriend was wearing a fat suit. He did it well, that is for sure. I am very dissapointed in the interview that he did stating that the fat suit allowed for the story to change and show him at a different weight. Yeah.. losing weight is oh so easy that we just drop hundreds of pounds and the gain hundreds of pounds at a whim. I think him in a fat suit is like using able bodied actors to play the differently abled, or back in the day when only white actors were used to play a variety of ethnicies.

I had one Aunt tell me that watching that show really helped her undstand me a whole lot better. I am still confused about that one. The parents on that show and the siblings are all very supportive of the fat girl. The dad protected her when the other kids made fun of her..... yeah.. no that did not happen to me. I didn't correct her, not my place, most people just don't get it. I love that the character is there but damn, she has not gone through what a lot of us have gone through.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote