View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #33
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
Even if you suspicion is true, he should still drop the hero tone. FA or not.
I don't really get this "hero tone" impression from the post that is in question. I saw it more as he was celebrating the fact that he feels liberated from worrying about fitting into a narrowly defined societal box and is encouraging others to do the same. Then again, as I said before, I suspect he may be coloring only slightly outside the lines and minimizing his true desires. Hard to say though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
Absolutely agree with that one. I have a hard time tolerating that attitude. Walk a mile in a true FA's shoes before you make comments like that. My guy was a FA through and through, there is a true difference.
So can you describe your opinion of what it entails to 'walk a mile in a true FA's shoes' ? Does my having been married for over 19 years to a woman who has fluctuated in the size 20-26 range qualify? Not attacking you, just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
In the real media world, Ashley Graham by now actually has minimum 15 times the coverage and exposure than Tess Holiday does.
Apart from app. 8 general media campaigns, Tess was mainly a fetish model (also for tatoos by the way) - and not so much a mainstream model.
And her behavior killed the little regular work there was for her.

Ashley Graham belongs in a different box. She one of the faces of the body positivity movement, promoting a broader size range and less body shaming for and from women.
That is actually what has replaced fat acceptance in public awareness.
What do you mean by being a "fetish model"? In the BBW world that would usually involve selling memberships to a pay web site or selling access to video/pictures files. To my knowledge, Tess Holiday/Munster never did that but only 'fashion shoots' of one type or another.