View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #36
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
The difference is that he openly admits to preferring a larger (what some people will consider fat) woman over a thin one (and always has). He is expected to say (according to society at large) that he wants a size 6, but he loves his plump wife anyway. The fact that she is actually average for women in our current society is another issue. I don't think the intention was to put himself out as deserving praise but to present himself as exhibit A for the old concept of 'different strokes for different folks'. I don't see why this isn't on the whole a good thing to advance fat acceptance, despite the fact that this guy may barely even qualify for being an FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
No offens taken Waldo. There is a difference between a size 12 person and a fat person. It is in your mind if you are a true FA. To me it is someone who as part of their life parterns with a fat person and goes through the trials that come with that. As a supersized woman, a True FA to me is one that will willing deal with the extra crap that comes along with living a supersized life. No long list of criteria, but dating a curvy gal that is still a "normal" size, doesn't really qualify to me.
Yeah I see what you are saying. BUT I don't think being with a 'mid-sized' fat woman such as my wife necessarily makes me less of an FA than a man who is married to a SSBBW. This would be like when supersized people dismiss smaller fat people, assuming they haven't had it as bad regarding anti-fat bigotry and therefore have less authority on the issue. I think this is another reason that fat acceptance has always struggled is that we do as much infighting as uniting for a common cause.