View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #37
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

[QUOTE=waldo;2218074]
I hear what you are saying Waldo. If you read again I said you define your FA -ness I used my Supersize as an example. To get really specific, the fake Hero FA that likes a curvy gal that really doesn't fall into the true Fat spectrum is what annoys me. I can also say that in the Fat community there is just as much issue with judgement about the bigger people. I've expierenced the mindset from many that it is okay to be big but not that big, same type of prejudice just within the spectrum of fatties. Just as in life there is so much diversity in the fat community that all of our particular needs/issues don't always align. For example, I see people referring to Dimensions as a size positive space or a body positive space. I don't think that was the initial intention at all. The tag line for Dimensions is where big is beautiful. Body positivity is about self acceptance of your body, size acceptance is a watered down version of an weakly political concept that all sizes are accepted. Neither group meets my needs. Hope that makes sense, I think of it as Someone saying that Jessica Rabbit is their dream girl and since she is curvy that makes them on the cutting edge of activism for the curvy.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote