View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #38
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
The difference is that he openly admits to preferring a larger (what some people will consider fat) woman over a thin one (and always has). He is expected to say (according to society at large) that he wants a size 6, but he loves his plump wife anyway. The fact that she is actually average for women in our current society is another issue. I don't think the intention was to put himself out as deserving praise but to present himself as exhibit A for the old concept of 'different strokes for different folks'. I don't see why this isn't on the whole a good thing to advance fat acceptance, despite the fact that this guy may barely even qualify for being an FA.

Yeah I see what you are saying. BUT I don't think being with a 'mid-sized' fat woman such as my wife necessarily makes me less of an FA than a man who is married to a SSBBW. This would be like when supersized people dismiss smaller fat people, assuming they haven't had it as bad regarding anti-fat bigotry and therefore have less authority on the issue. I think this is another reason that fat acceptance has always struggled is that we do as much infighting as uniting for a common cause.
I think you are being to optimistic about what he wrote. Though what he write makes it sound like he could be a FA. Then look at the picture of the woman he is describing. The two don't fit. I posted those article, because other people are pointing out what he was saying wasn't really that nice.

I don't think I have ever gone to a comment section to troll, anywhere. These are the comments I would post, feel free to read them in your most sarcastic tones; Wow! You are attracted to normal size women? What's that like? How do you even have sex? Must be tough. He must have low self-esteem. Maybe he is just settling. She must have tricked him somehow. He must have an odd fetish.