View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My wife isn't as big as some of you ladies, but she is all hip so needs a certain amount of space when getting out. If the spot is tight I'll usually let her out before parking, commenting "Ugh, let's not risk dinging that SUV with our door, people can get so pissy." or something like that to not emphasize the space she needs. Also so I can leave a little less space on the passenger side so that I can have a bit more space when I'm getting out!

It comes up more often here in the winter, what with snow banks and parallel parking. So I'll often let her off early saying "Let's not make you climb through the snowbank." (she has never taken to driving, so it is always me letting her out, not seeing it from the other side ....)