View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #10
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
It's not unusual for my girlfriend to ask to get out of the vehicle before I pull into the stall. She knows I like it when she draws attention to her size. I normally get a smirk from her when she asks.

I use to consider myself a car guy. But conversations with fat women and reading here, I have realized SUVs are the way to go. Plus it cramped when driving my dogs to the dog park in small cars. My dreams of one day having a Mini Cooper are dead.
Right you are: SUVs are the way to go! I had a Mustang and my wife hated it. She needed to be close enough to reach the pedals but then her glorious belly got in the way of the steering wheel! She liked the way the car drove, insisted the 5 speed would be a hoot to drive if she were smaller, and she definitely understood why I liked it. But it wasn't easy for her and with 3 kids it limited us. I bought it new in 2005 and sold it on my birthday earlier this year! Now we have 2 Toyota Sequioas. We bought my wife's new in 2010 and I found a 2002 for me earlier this year when we decided to replace the Mustang. I didn't want to pay a lot for a car and the one I found only had 81,000 miles on it for only $8900. It's nice having two viable family cars and my wife likes the "new" car too. And of course, being able to comfortably fit inside is nice.