View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 03:08 AM   #12
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

^ I agree that some guys can be oblivious about it. If I'm honest with myself I've probably been one of those guys at points in our marriage. In fact I know I have because we've had discussions where she's conveyed how uncomfortable a situation made her while the same situation give me a sense of pride. So growing and adjusting and realizing it's not all about me is important. This is also why I've stepped up my PDA in recent years. My wife has been receptive to it, more so in certain situations where she is the biggest woman around. She likes the idea of conveying that her man hasn't settled and is proud to be with her. So basically her response to these situations is, "if you're proud to have the fattest wife in the room then get your ass over here and hold my hand, small my ass and kids me and show that you're proud and make sure you leave no doubt that you feel blessed to be with me."

I think it's natural to feel pride about someone you're genuinely happy to be with, but now I've added an element of mindfulness and situational awareness where I've considered what it's like to be her in certain situations. It doesn't solve everything but it helps.