View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #8
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I am also seeing a lot of larger actors in commercials I noticed on the T.J. Maxx and marshals commercials that they are using large women there also using a more diverse group specially with age. I've always thought of commercials as art and enjoy watching them but with the invention of the DVR lots of people are missing out .
Haha, maybe. I personally find commercials to be exceptionally vexing. Radio commercials are even worse because the advertisers don't have the benefit of visual so they have to make a bigger impression from what you hear. But back on topic and to your point, it definitely is good to see ads slowly break free from the mainstream ideal. I recall seeing an Otezla commercial with a very pretty plump woman. I'd have otherwise not even noticed the commercial but I not only noticed it but remembered the product being advertised!

I wonder how long it'll be before we see ads featuring men with plus size wives doing everyday normal things and appearing happy and successful. Despite tuning out most commercials messaging is a fascinating subject to me and on the periphery of my current job so when I actually do pay attention to TV commercials I do take interest in how certain things, products, or people are projected. A fit male/fat wife commercial is long overdo.