View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Fan View Post
It is sad when the most beautiful girl in the room thinks that her weight should make her husband / BF love her less. Would you prefer to be with a guy who agreed with crowd and pressured you to be different than you are? A guy who would say things like "It's embarrassing to be with the fattest woman in the town festival, why can't you stick to the diet and exercise program we agreed upon?" When the guy who prefers you the way that you are would say things like "Wow, I'm so lucky to be with the most beautiful girl at the festival."
I can't speak for Tracii so I'm not going to say that's not what she meant. It's definitely not what I got from it, though. I took it as a reminder that while a guy may be proud his partner is the fattest one in the room the very thing he's proud of is a source of embarrassment, cause for hesitation, uneasiness, self conscious, etc. His preferences are at odds with hers, but that doesn't mean they have to love each other any less. It means they have work to do: Understanding what makes the other tick and being sensitive to it. The longer you're with someone the easier this is because you learn things about each other over time and water finds its level. But it does take work and being in tune with your partner and understanding that sometimes, even when you're proud of her she is self conscious and over the very same reason you're proud of her!