View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #248
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
When caught try to smile, rather than just look away. You are not smiling because you are interested, you are smiling so they don't think you are looking in disgust. Which is probably what most fat women who are not size positive would assume.
Yeah you are right that a nice smile toward a stranger is good whether it be someone you find physically attractive or not. But there is also the possibility in this case that a well intended smile may be poorly executed and interpreted by the recipient as a smirk.

Not having walked in those shoes of being very supersize and thus being likely to catch the attention of most everyone encountered, I get the impression some people just don't want attention either negative or positive. You can see it their demeanor that says "just let me get in here and pick up what I need, and please for once, everyone quit staring at me".

Also you mentioned 'size positive", but I think another relevant issue may be whether women are 'FA positive'. Many attractive SSBBW actually can get men for sex or a brief fling BUT to get a good man who wants a full long term relationship is not easy. So having had interactions with their share of shady characters (aka closet FAs) has probably made a lot of SSBBW pretty skeptical of FAs in general. That thought makes me particularly sad, but it likely won't improve much. Nothing is happening to make FAs more accepted by society, and so many will continue to operate in the shadows, ultimately to the detriment of themselves and the people to which they are attracted