View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #94
fatgrllvr

fatgrllvr is a member of the 500 clubfatgrllvr is a member of the 500 clubfatgrllvr is a member of the 500 clubfatgrllvr is a member of the 500 clubfatgrllvr is a member of the 500 clubfatgrllvr is a member of the 500 club
Default Asperger's and FAs

I've been an FA since sexuality first smacked me upside the head at age 11. Recently (about one hundred years later), I've learned that I'm also an aspie. The latter discovery has explained many things I've never understood about myself.

I'm not sure if my Asperger's explains my being an FA (which I prefer to attribute to good taste), but I guess there could be a connection. It does seem like there are quite a few aspies on this thread, and we do tend to be far less influenced by society's accepted opinions and "norms" than most neurotypicals (non-aspies).

To digress a little, I'm sad that the American psychiatric community decided to dissolve the Asperger's classification into the general autism spectrum. It seems as though it would have made more sense to continue addressing this syndrome as a specific autism subset, since it has its own peculiar range of characteristics. Oh, well.
fatgrllvr is offline   Reply With Quote