View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #126
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

FWIW, regarding what Loopy remembered of what I said, the three categories I wrote about some time ago were roughly:

- liking fat on prospective partners, classically being sexually attracted to fat women if you are a heterosexual guy and liking fat women if you are a heterosexual woman, etc.

- liking fat on those people who would not be in your sexual partner pool (preferring the look of other fat guys for a strictly heterosexual male, etc)

- liking fat on yourself.

With the note that people can be one, two, or all three of those things.

Nowadays I'd probably be more inclined to just do a 2x2 grid, with one axis running from "fat as an erotic preference" to "fat as an esthetic preference" and the other axis being "others" "self." (which doesn't properly describe the case of someone who is attracted to thin members of one gender and fat members of another, or who would like to be a thin lady or a fat man, etc, etc, but you can only do so much with two dimensional charts!), and pointing out that people can identify with from zero to all four of those quadrants.

(the main difference being that I came to recognize that some people get turned on by being fat but yet can feel it makes them unattractive, or can like the look of being fat but associating that with being less sexual than if they were thin. Should have been obvious, but I just hadn't considered those options)