View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #2614
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Matt, sounded from all that you'd written that you were maybe ready for something fresh? I know I was, and I should have looked sooner ... part of what had kept me hanging on at the old place was the idea of how much severance they'd owe me, and how I could probably bank a lot of it once I found another job. Well, I think I doubled up for about three weeks, which was not worth how long I hung on, I think, but what is done is done. My only real regret is that being under the gun for finding a new job, I accepted something something out in the Kanata North Industrial Park, which is is not only much farther of a commute but is also a pretty boring, sterile, place. I've been spoiled for the last ten years by being able to go out the building at lunch and actually having stuff around me, not just parking lots and office buildings (and one strip mall)
Ah, Kanata North, soulless home of the IT worker drones!

But, there are lots of well-paid jobs, so ....

Are you driving to work, Tad, or taking the bus, or doing the long-haul bicycle paths?