View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #9180
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Any time I'm feeling depressed (most of the time, lately), I like to listen to Townes Van Zandt.

Snake Song is one that gets me. Toughen yourself up against the harshness of life and, in so doing, push away those who could help you.

I'll be here when you start sinkin'
FreeThinker,

When I'm feeling depressed or sad and alone, these are the kinds of songs I like to listen to. Sometimes just knowing that others experience similar pain makes me feel so not alone and in turn seems to make life more tolerable.

Though a totally different genre than you may be familiar with, I think you will like the guitar part in this first one, but it is almost at the end of the song.

Sometimes I hurt and sometimes I cry
Sometimes I can't get it right no matter how hard that I seem to try

Sometimes I fall down and I stumble over my own disguise
But I try to look strong as the whole world looks on,
Sometimes alone I cry

Please Forgive Me

Through The Fire

Just hold on ...

PS: If you ever need a friend, I know of a quiet and shy someone whom has enjoyed reading your articulate and insightful posts and whom has respectfully admired you from afar for oh about twelve years now.