View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

Okay, citrus macaroons: https://www.thespruce.com/gluten-fre...recipe-1450962 If you have the time and money, I highly recommend buying real Fiori di Sicilia flavoring from King Arthur Flour. It's a wonderful flavor that goes well in just about any sweet baked good with a mild flavor; sugar cookies, pound cake, French toast... If not, orange and vanilla will work. And don't be tempted to substitute sweetened coconut for unsweetened! Trust me on this. If there's an Indian grocery near you they usually have unsweetened coconut for a good price.

Oh, and use parchment paper or a Silpat. Greasing the pan will not be enough to overcome the macaroons' amazing powers of stickiness.

The lebkuchen I make from my grandma's recipe, so I'll put it in its own post. I'm not sure how authentic they are, but Grandma's parents immigrated from Germany as adults, so she probably knew her way around a lebkuchen.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote