Thread: Name Calling
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirlluvher View Post
I recently ran into a bbw friend of mine of 20 years in the subway. She hadn't seen me in a long while and her face revealed her reactions to my new size. During a talk afterwards, she stated how big I had gotten and that she couldn't believe it. She went as far as describing me as big as 2 bodyguards and used the word "huge".

What words do people that haven't seen you in a while, or are even familiar with your gain, use to describe you? What about the nonverbal reactions to your size? Do you see yourself through their eyes? How do the words they use to describe your size make you feel?
Do you need to hear it from others how big or huge you are to believe you are?
Quite honestly, yes. Since as far back as elementary school, I've never been as fat as I've wanted to be, and I've been presented with fatter people often enough to remind me that I still couldn't claim to be where I wanted to be (or live vicariously through a significant other,) so I'm deeply insecure about my weight, and am desperately yearning for people to tell me that I'm very fat; to reassure me that I have made progress over the years. It never seems to happen, though.

I'll tell you something, however. The next time anyone tells me this in person, I will thank them cordially, and offer them a big, soft hug.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote