View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #27
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
You've basically chronicled what I've been saying for the past couple of years. The Fat Acceptance movement is over. It was killed by several issues, from the faux "size diversity" movement as well as the number of fat people who've had WLS and don't believe they need fat acceptance anymore (even though they may be fat enough to still qualify for another WLS). And the extremely harsh reality of physiology as fat people get older continues to thin our ranks.

As for finding support for fat people, fat acceptance, or Fat Admirers on the anti-social media websites like Facebook, Reddit, et al, that's a fools errand. For that is where the villagers with torches and pitchforks reside, ready to show non-conformists like us the way to the True Path of Enlightenment.

I'm sorry you and so many others missed the golden age of Fat Acceptance. It was such an uplifting time, so full of promise for the future.

I think the online communities have been going downhill since the old BBS days. As the technological bar for entry into computers was lowered, more mouth breathing knuckle draggers were able to go online to share their brilliant thoughts with us. Now every idiot with a smartphone attacks us from all sides.

While you may see the situation as a "Got mine, so forget you" attitude, you overlook several issues. First is several of us have been fighting the good fight for well over thirty years. We've dropped several thousand dollars on the fight over the years. And this is a fight that takes a lot of very smart people working together to gain any progress towards fat acceptance. But we'd no longer be starting from the easy origin we had back in 1969. The world has changed and many of our old talking points have been disproven or accommodations have been made.

And speaking as an old timer, I sometimes wonder what I've wrought. As much as I love how a SSBBW looks, I appreciate the costs to her. Beauty measured by the pound carries a heavy weight to the bearer. It's why I advise only those who receive their own sexual gratification from being fat to gain or maintain supersize status.
VERY interesting. I don't think fat acceptance is dead, BUT the concept of health at any size is probably dead. It is hard to argue for similar outcomes for super sized people (BMW >> 50), based on both the statistical evidence as well as the overwhelming anecdotal experience. Personally, I was GUTTED by the news of Catherine Oakes (Cat) and Debbi Thomas having passed in recent months. The situation of others such as Big Cutie Summer reinforce the idea that the odds of 'premature death' at high BMI is more likely than not

The good news: moderate overweight/obesity may NOT be associated with reduced life expectancy, although quality of life is a whole other issue. The best evidence we have is "research led by Katherine Flegal, a distinguished epidemiologist from the National Centre for Health Statistics at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention in Maryland, US"http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...k-8434743.html

In particular, low waist to hip ratios seem to be associated with better health outcomes - so pears rule (my wife is an apple ).

I agree with HereticFA that SSBBW status is not to be treaded on lightly.

FA guilt - oh my