View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:56 AM   #41
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirboatRunner View Post
I totally agree with you. Something in the FA community has changed. As have the gainers. I'm an old man myself. I have made a lot of friends from this site. Real life, real time ones. A lot of people from here were at my wedding in 2000 as a matter of fact. I deleted my old account here because of the climate change you speak of. Everything got angry, no one would allow other opinions, and there was a bully culture.
On a whim I created this new account in 2014 and still the same. Now it's 2018 and I see the friction is even stronger.
I remember going to BBW events from Vegas to Dallas to Miami. We could see the change happening. I fear that the damage has been done. We've let politics venture into our community and as with every community that lets politics in. It gets consumed and murdered.
Actually, I'm curious about this, since those years that you mention were when I was young and unsure how to deal with my feelings. For this reason, I wasn't really here at the time, and I'm not sure what you, and others, have meant by "politics." Do you mean actual, voting for Republican Vs. Democrat politics, or are you referring to some "leaders" in the community who I've never heard of.

And, as an aside, what relationship does this have with the difficulty of finding a support community that's actually freaking supportive?
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote