View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #44
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirboatRunner View Post
See it the same way the most popular person in the room sees it or you can bet you're going to get shamed online and in public by your so called peers. Those politics.
That's unfortunate, but thank you for explaining that to me. It's no wonder I've been so unaccepted, as I never see things the way other people see them. Indeed, if I did, I wouldn't be an FA. Perhaps some people in the movement should stop to consider that. As far as the other things you mention...

Quote:
All self respect seems to be gone. That's the first thing I notice. It's like this whole 'fat movement' means that caring how you look makes you a poser and not a true member of the 'movement' and that's what I mean by politics.
If anyone is really serious about working towards the acceptance of fatness, they need to accept all the help they can get without compromising what the movement is about; normalizing fatness.

Quote:
Not being ashamed of your body, accepting yourself for who you are.. even wanting to pack on the pounds because you yourself find it comforting and beautiful-- that doesn't mean you parade around in public letting fat hang out all over the place and for the love of God.. take a shower, toss on some make up if you're a woman.. have some self respect.
I'm not sure what you mean by "parade around in public." I believe fat women have a right to go out in public, just like thin women do. If this is a reference to a certain style of dress that no woman should use, then fine, but I don't think it's right to give preferential treatment to thin women in terms of dress, on the basis that they're thin and more preferred. You're still treating fatness as negative, in that case.

Quote:
Then you add up all the real political shit like paying extra for airfare. Weight costs more to transport and why is it so wrong to consider the feelings of the passenger sitting next to the obese person? Why must EVERYONE accept your lifestyle choice but the fat movement person .. the fat activist. They don't have to accept the wants and desires of others.
No one needs to supply the desires of others. However, in this case, I do agree with you in general. Every good thing has its price, and that includes fatness on airplanes, though it may be a bit premature to assume anything about the feelings of the person sitting next to the fat person on a plane. I do think that we have to deal with the natural consequences of our state in life, in the same way that we have to deal with the greater challenges of exercising and the like, but also benefit from all that wonderful softness.

Quote:
Not long ago things were different. The women of my generation of The Fat Girl was classy and respectful of others and glowed with self respect.
Respect is important. I just don't feel you need to agree with the aesthetics of others in order to be respectful.

Quote:
For example my wife is a feminist but she wouldn't be caught dead with this 3rd way feminism that is ruining the world, stopping women from being hired, and ruining lives of innocent people just on their word.
I feel that feminism has done Fat Acceptance no favors in general.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote