View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #45
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
What 'innocent person's life was 'ruined' as such? By Feminism, of all things. Who and what are you talking about here?
I can't speak for AirboatRunner.

While I think that "ruined" might not be the best word used to describe it (everyone moves on, regardless of emotional/physical damage), the fact remains that an incredible amount of bullying & harassment went on in the community.

Case in point. Right around 1998-1999 there was a young lady who was very active in the forums who went under the name "Tantalizing Eyes". She contributed to the forums on a regular basis. In late 1999, a dude visited her, and was supposed to be staying at a hotel near her home. Somehow it turned into him demanding that he stay with her, and as I recall, the situation got ugly and the guy was removed by police

She turned to the same forum that she contributed to, in an effort to discuss what happened, and maybe warn other women to be careful. Instead, the "community" turned on her, engaged in a lot of what today would be considered slut shaming, and was essentially chased off the Dimensions site. I can assure you that this was not uncommon.

As someone who ran BBW events, I can assure you that what AirboatRunner has described is true. It's one of the many reasons that I stopped running events in NJ. As a friend who also used to attend events all over the country succinctly stated at the time, "Honestly, I felt much better about myself before I found Fat Acceptance".