View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #48
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default And another thing: It's not all about you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
...BUT the concept of health at any size is probably dead. It is hard to argue for...may NOT be associated with...seem to be associated with...
No. You're wrong. Probably, it just seems that way if you don't really understand the most basic point about precisely what 'the concept' even is, to begin with, just for starters. A hint, it's not anything to do with what you 'associate' this or that with, your 'associations', whatever they may be.

Are you physician? A (licensed) nutritionist? Physical therapist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
"...As for finding support for fat people..on the social media websites like Facebook, Reddit, et al, that's a fools errand. For that is where the villagers with torches and pitchforks reside, ready to show non-conformists like us the way to the True Path of Enlightenment...online communities have been going downhill since the old BBS days. As the technological bar for entry into computers was lowered, more mouth breathing knuckle draggers were able to go online to share their brilliant thoughts with us."
You're wrong as well, have gone soft with age. Yes, there's all kinds of trolls all over social media; but the widening of the base of participation has actually tilted a balance towards more normalcy and decency. I mean, for those communities with the sense and to enact fair and practical moderation. There's thriving Size Acceptance and Fat Admiration based communities on both Reddit and Facebook. There's lots of BBW vloggers on YouTube.

Indeed, the world still turns, but without your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
"Can you define..."
Oh, I see. So, that we lack for a workable (read: airtight) definition for something, it therefore does not exist? Is not 'a problem' we can talk about?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
"I feel that feminism has done Fat Acceptance no favors in general."
You know, I think this is what's really at the root of your problems: Too much of "I feel..." and "I think..." and "my feelings..." and not enough critical thinking and (more objective) self-examination and self-criticism and (practical) analysis. Too much certitude and 'confidence' without enough directly relevant experience and evidence to support it.

C'mon, man, it's time for a paradigm-shift. Start today!
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote