View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #11
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameName View Post
If you've ever read Asimov's novels, particularly the Foundation Series, there are plenty of hints that suggest he was an FA, which is kinda cool. He often inserts weight and weight gain into his stories where it doesn't always usually appear.
I just finished the third Foundation book. I have mixed feelings about the series as a whole (I usually prefer stories that finish what they start,) but I have noticed the occasional weight-like descriptive term in the writing. No weight gain per se as yet, and the people he was talking about were rarely all that heavy, but his use of terms like "plump" and "pudgy" does seem to imply that he was perfectly free of the animosity that haunts fatness today, even if he wasn't an FA himself.

Also, some of the dialogue he writes near the end of the second book, about what it's like to be an outcast, unable to find true love sounds hauntingly familiar.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote