View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #22
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not much to say about the town I live in -- Santa Maria. Its big (unfortunate) claim to fame is that it's where the Michael Jackson trial was held. You can see a bit of it, below:
Here and Here.

Many of the buildings have the terra cotta roofs, and there is a pretty good diversity of trees and plants here, but the town itself is boring. What I like is what is *near* my town.

Oceano Beach on an overcast day. What's cool about it is that you can drive on a large stretch of it, so it makes it nice for those who have trouble walking on the soft sand. You can park near the water and walk a bit and find shells and such -- get your feet in the water. It's also a great place to park at night and neck to the sound of the surf and the glow of the moon.
Here.

On a sunny day:
Here.

Shell Beach right after xmas last year, just after the tsunami (which is why the seas are a bit tempestuous). There are cliffs with homes overlooking it -- they call the area Dinosaur Caves, because of all of the caves that one can explore below -- during low tide, of course. Biggie took this one.
Here.

The same general area, on a nicer day
Here.

My car right across the street from that cliff, to give an idea of the area.
Here.

Further down the coast, on a bay,
Here.

Anyway, you get the idea. There is gorgeous coast, with each beach having a different feel -- from wild and untamed to more touristy. I love this area and never tire of the ocean.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 12-31-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote