View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Dubh Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
I'm surprised you know of the place, nevermind been here! lol Yes, I lost my mind a long time ago. Blackpool is probably to blame! I've not seen working girls
It was the first (and last) time I tried cockles and I was shocked at how the beach is actually rockier and more uninviting than Long Island's north shore, where I spent a bit of my youth in my own (much smaller) tourist helltown. In New York we have our Blackpool equivalents, like the infamous nearby Jersey Shore and Coney Island before I was born (now it looks like Blackpool after a nuclear holocaust).

Blackpool doesn't feature prominently in CAREER Girls (not Working Girls - that movie features my current home of Staten Island, oddly enough), but Blackpool makes a cameo at the end. It's not Mike Leigh's best (that would be Naked or Life is Sweet) but as Woody Allen said, even a bad Leigh is pretty good. (ouch - sorry)

Last edited by altered states; 01-02-2006 at 02:16 PM.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote