View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #33
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Others have taken pics of my city. Eh. They're okay I guess.

Some of my favorite things have been viewed from this observation deck, or broadcast from this antenna...

To love New York nighttime is to love Weegee, and this is one of my faves. "Bowery Savings Bank," December 4, 1944

Sadly, the one shot I wanted to post cannot be found. And I tried. I didn't shoot it, but I was living near where it happened when it happened. Eight years ago this week, a giant sinkhole opened up on lower Fifth Avenue, gobbling up cars and shooting flames into the air. I think the best photo was from The Times. Wish I could find it. I cut it out and smiled at it for months, enjoying the fact that I live in a city where such a thing would happen. Also can't find the pic of a drummer who used to practice in the far corner of the roof deck my apartment overlooks. I imagine his place was too small for his drum kit or his noise.

Again, GREAT thread. I've enjoyed getting lost in everyone's hometowns.

Last edited by Boteroesque Babe; 01-03-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote