View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #35
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I grew up outside Morristown, NJ - about 40 miles west of NYC. Here's a picture of the Morristown Green, a park in the center of town. The building in the background is the Presbyterian Church.

Today, Sandie and I live near Pueblo, CO - about 100 miles south of Denver. (As in "Write to 'Catalog, Pueblo, CO 81009' - the Government Printing Office has a distribution center here.) This is a picture of Memorial Hall (Pueblo's municipal building) from the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk. After a huge flood in 1921, they diverted the Arkansas River about a quarter mile and put it behind a levee. When we moved here in 1995, the old riverbed was an empty ditch. The riverwalk is a return of the river to its original path.

ON EDIT - The large section of Memorial Hall on the right is a large auditorium, where I've seen George Carlin and Gallagher perform and the local Democratic Party holds its County Assembly every two years. (As a precinct co-chair, I've been a delegate to the last two assemblies.) This hall is also the last place where Woodrow Wilson ever spoke in public. In 1919, he was touring the US drumming up support for the League of Nations. After his train left Pueblo, he sufferred a stroke from which he never fully recovered....

Last edited by Wayne_Zitkus; 01-03-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Wayne_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote