View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #47
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We saw these guys, a mama and baby moose, on our way home today. It was about 4:30 pm, so the light's not so good. It was right down the street from our house. The baby's hidden behind mom and I didn't want to get closer because mama moose can be very mean when they feel their babies are being threatened. I took it with my camera phone so the quality sucks, but at least you get an idea of the wildlife we see on a regular basis. (A few weeks back it was a bald eagle sitting atop the local Red Robin but I didn't have a camera phone then). Behind them, that big open space, is actually a lake. On the other side of the lake is a big stand of trees, where the moose hang out, crossing the lake in winter, and going around it in summer. As a result, we have relatively large sightings of moose in our neighborhood.

Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote