View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Sweet and Sour Meatballs Per Request

One package of frozen Swedish meatballs, thawed (my brand is Kroger, 12 oz. bag)

Small can (8 oz.) of pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained, juice reserved (I prefer the tidbits but chunks is all I had for the pictures)

One-half cup packed brown sugar (my tastes have changed and the original recipe is too sweet for me now - next time
I’m going to try 1/3 or 1/4 cup – I use the Splenda mix)

One-third cup apple cider vinegar

One tablespoon soy sauce (or to taste)

Two tablespoons cornstarch

One small onion, chopped

One large bell pepper, chopped to what size you want

Optional – 1/2 small can of sliced water chestnuts, drained (not pictured because I didn’t have any)

Cooked rice (I usually use Success Rice, brown, two boiling bags)

Mix the sugar and cornstarch together and then add the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat until it bubbles up and thickens. Cook one minute longer. Add the meatballs and cover well, cooking until they’re warmed up. Add veggies (peppers, onion, and any optional items) and toss until covered with sauce. Serve over rice.

Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote