Thread: Big black women
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #22
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ms McGee I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but weight loss surgery is not something that is just given out to morbidly obese people. It may seem this way due to it's frequency over the last few years, but Weight loss surgery is something you must qualify for. You basically have to prove to a doctor that you have exhausted every viable means to lose weight: Jenny Craig, Overeaters Anonymous, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, South Beach, joining a gym, etc. You must also undergo an exstensive psychiatric evaluation before being approved. I weighed approximately 350 pounds when I accompanied a dear friend to one of her initial appointments for the surgery and was told flat out that I was not a candidate for the surgery though I hadn't even asked. I would consider it safe to assume that if a person is on the table for weight loss surgery, they've already tried everything else and this is THE last resort.

I'm not in agreement with weight loss surgery for many of the same reasons that you're not and I agree with most of what you've touted in your book. What makes me uneasy is the faint fragrance your book seemingly leaves behind, "If you just try harder and do it better it will work this time." You won't hook anybody who has already consulted the bariatric clinic. It's not as if someone in their mid 30's hasn't tried dieting almost as many times as the years they've been alive if not more.

Small pox vaccines work, therefore we have no more small pox here in the states. Measles, mumps, all kinds of things that devastated us years ago are now no longer an issue to the point where administering the shot is no longer of pressing concern for children. If diets worked, Weight watchers would have gone out of business years ago. I'd hoped your book would have avoided dangling that carrot in the faces of people once again only for them to feel the failure just once more and lead them back to the same place. It seemed you were on to something until it turned into just another diet plug in disguise.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 01-17-2006 at 05:31 PM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote