View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
bigplaidpants
FAtari

bigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybigplaidpants is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Fascinating, if you take time to get beyond the reactions...

I'm still unpacking boxes from our move.....so, I cannot give a thorough response. I skimmed parts of the closed thread. I want to simply throw out these ideas. It's all concepts at this point and will be too abstract to be interesting for some. But, they are kind of my framework on thinking about this subject.

I've found as a FA there is an ongoing tension between fantasy and reality. I also believe that the harmony between these two sides isn't fixed. It moves around for each person, each relationship, and each situation. In the realm of feeding/gaining, I would more specifically define this tension as being between wanting more and having enough.

I don't think this tension between fantasy and reality is unique to FA'ism. Nor do I think the constant struggle between wanting more and having enough is unique to feederism. I think the struggle between wants and reality comes with anyone living in touch with your erotic world. Eroticism seems to live on fantasies, desires that come in proportions that are larger-than-life (excuse the pun), and excesses on all sides. Just fish the internet: partners who have endless reseviors of romance or self-confidence; desires for gigantic breasts; fantasy partners that "want you so bad" or can have virtually endless orgasism. In short, to be in touch with your erotic desires is to live with "wanting more" in some form or another. But, when it comes to the reality of feeding, gaining, health, and emotional well-being - erotic desires, like all excessive wants, must in the end come down to earth and deal with the concrete aspects of life. For anyone whose read my posts before, you'll recognize me saying again...I believe real life shrivels without erotic desires. Likewise, eroticism is pretty empty without some aspects of reality. But, in the end, the preponderance of our life, energies, and concern must side with reality. I can live with always "wanting more" (think literally about feeding here), but always actually getting it can be dangerous. Mental and emotional well-being, not to mention physical, comes with realizing this kind of stewardship. This is where I really respect imfree's statement. "Enough is enough." He senses his body's limits. In my experience, knowledge of those limits is usually hard won.

I could say about how this personally affects me as a FA who would love to see others fat or fatten up myself, but I don't have time here. Not to mention, I want to be sensitive to how a personal treatise would bore all onlookers.

....gotta get back to boxes......looking forward to reading more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosobear View Post
Fat-desire is ever present not because it is permanent, but because it is always coming back.
My Favorite Flower
bigplaidpants is offline   Reply With Quote