View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I think that a person should be able to do whatever it is they want to do as long as it harms no one else. I recall when I decided to go into music everyone warned me against it saying, "Yeah but what if you don't make it, what if you fail, what will you do when you're 40 and it hasn't worked out?" Lots of people thought I was crazy for throwing away a money making career and choosing the path I chose but I did so knowing the risks and the personal rewards. It was my choice to make and I was prepared to face the consequences for my actions whatever those consequences may be. I would not have been happy any other way and it's my happiness I'm responsible for, no one elses.

The same can be said for anything anyone feels in their heart is the right thing to do weather it's gaining weight or losing weight though diets or surgery. People should be able to make whatever decision is right for them without having their sanity or intelligence called into question as long as they are fully aware of the risks and are fully prepared to face the possible consequences for their actions.
I agree. Unless you're someone's therapist, you really don't know what is in someone's mind. Drastic life alteration happens in many walks of life, and mental stability is generally called into question (meaning professional exams before sex changes, etc), but we're not the ones who make those calls for someone who desires extreme gain/immobility, etc.

I can understand how one might speculate that anyone willing to give up their mobility and freedom may not be of sound mind, but it's just that... speculation. They clearly are dealing with life in a different way than those who don't share the interest, and if it "works" for them, if it's their choice and desire, it's not my place to judge their emotional/mental fitness. I know it's not what I'd want for my life, but that doesn't mean I'm right and they're wrong (not saying anyone here has said that).