View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #23
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Rock View Post
Some might argue that showing any kind of "self-destructive behavior" is a sign of deeper-rooted emotional or psychological issues. However, each of us is different, and we will all exhibit different behaviors as a means of expressing or coping with our varying emotional issues; just because one person has mental or emotional issues and is also a feeder or feedee, it does not mean that all feeders and feedees will necessarily have these same issues. By the same token, not all people with mental or emotional issues are going to exhibit the same kinds of behaviors. In some cases we may see said issues manifest themselves in eating disorders for example, or some kind self-abuse or mutilation. Some may just become withdrawn and depressed. Really it is quite fascinating, if you look at it, the many different ways that the human mind deals with trauma and dysfunction.
I agree, but I'd go even further: I don't think that feederism (or any other kink) is necessarily a response to trauma, just to the normal range of variation in human development. The process by which childhood experiences translate into adult sexual preferences is too complicated to generalize.

I suspect that everyone's experience of their fetish, whether that happens to be feederism, furry or feet, is subtly different. If two feeders were to switch brains for a day, I expect that beyond their basic commonality they'd be surprised at how different find each other's subjective life.

Everyone has a unique constellation of turn-ons. On this board we share a "sun," erotic weight gain -- but we each have a different collection of kinky planets revolving around it, and that's where things get interesting.

Speaking solely for myself, whenever I hear someone say "feederism is all about controlling the feedee" I want to hop up and down yelling "No! That's not it at all!", because for me it's not; my own feederism is very, very submissive, and control fantasies leave me totally cold. But there are guys, I'm sure, who get off on them.

We call those guys "gross, sick and horrible deviants"!

Kidding, of course! But that's my point -- even within the fetish, there are profound variations. So I don't think you can generalize. Our specific kink triggers are just the antechambers of very intricate psychological labyrinths. The tough part, of course, is finding a compatible partner to safely and consensually explore them with.

Ehh, I'm starting to ramble. Regarding Tina's comment, though, that the only tube feeding pics she's seen are of otherwise unstable women, I think that has less to do with feederism and more to do with the culture of Internet exhibitionism.

I don't share the tube-feeding fantasy, but if I did, I expect I'd want it to be something private and intimate -- unlike simple eating pics, it's not something I'd share with the world at large. I don't know how many people tube feed in private, but if, as Tina says, the only ones who expose it publicly Have Issues, that makes me think that the desire to show it off might involve deeper self-esteem problems.
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote