View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #25
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think that there will be a hypersentitivity around this subject for a long time. If I stated that every person I've ever known who likes to tan has exhibited some form of mental deficiency I'm sure I would get a good talking to, even if what I'm saying is true according to my experiences.

EDIT: By the way, I hope my posts aren't coming off as hostile or angry. I'm not. I'm just saying stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
One does not need to be an expert on body size to see that someone who is, say, 500 lbs, is really fat. Not a judgement, just an obvservation.

Likewise, one does not need to be a therapist to see the writings and photographic evidence of a person who is admittedly very self-destructive, with various mental problems, to observe that they are mentally unstable. Why is stating one much worse than the other? Because the mentally ill are thought of to be "less than"? Well so are fat people. And fact is, some people I love are bi-polar and I have had some problems with depression myself, so I do not feel that people with such problems are "less than."

I find it very odd that the only -- ONLY -- photos I have seen of women with feeding tubes have admittedly had mental and emotional problems. Is that me judging them? No, it is me making an observation, because it made me wonder why. If the two were attached somehow. If it was a death wish or just something they like. But saying this in public is somehow a bad thing, because people see it as a judgement. Whatever.

If someone has to be a professional to make observations, then there would be a whole lot less posts on this board, I can tell you, but somehow I stepped into some unmarked, taboo area. That makes me a baaaaad person, who, ironically (or, maybe even hypocritically), it is okay to judge.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 04-13-2007 at 03:16 PM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote