View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #27
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
There's something faulty about having a negative emotion like having your stomach hurt or being embarrassed feel "good." There's something unnatural about wanting to have somewhat painful sex while tied up. Doesn't mean enjoying any of those things are morally wrong. Somewhere along the line, "unnatural" got confused with "morally wrong." Human beings are walking contradictions.
Maybe there's "something unnatural" about having strange sexual turn-ons -- but I agree with Papa Freud: that's because there's something very unnatural about modern industrial civilization. Raise a gregarious savannah primate in an American commuter suburb and it's bound to get all sorts of weird ideas about sex .

But I don't like thinking of it as "unnatural," because, as you said, that word has bad connotations. I try to think of it as "unexpected... and interesting"
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote