View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #28
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I do think there's some sort of external trigger that happens to make someone have sexual attachments to external, independent of natural (read: inborn) sexual desires. Hey, maybe (and often) positive experiences, like enjoying playing cowboys and indians. So, perhaps "mental issue" was a bit of a tough term, but a fetish is not inborn. Homosexual/heterosexuality is naturally-occuring and we see it with lots of animals. Only the "rational animal" can form sexual attachments to non-sexual objects, and no, puppies humping a pillow does not count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I don't agree with you at all. From your reasoning about 100% of the peoplewho participate in the bdsm lifestyle would have mental issues and that's not a true statement.

I'm a well educated, professional, confident woman who LOVES hearing certain things in the bedroom and yes I crave it as well. That doesn't mean I'm mentally unstable. It doesn't mean that it's unnatural for me to feel that way. It just means that I like something that's not considered "the norm."

It could be said that homosexuality is unnatural, or that being an FA is unnatural, or like excessively thin women is unnatural. I don't believe it has anything to do with one's mental health.

I agree that mental health is a serious issue and not one to take lightly. But hell, if everything "unnatural" was a basis, we'd all be in the looney bin.