View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #39
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Submission can be "inborn" and many of the activities that go along with it can be as well. Who's to say that it isn't natural and is a mental issue?
Excluding domination, all the other ones are based on external or situational things: Bondage is about physical restraint. Masochism, the desire to be humiliated, or sadism, the desire to humiliate, are not inborn. Those are learned. Someone may have a LEANING towards being submissive or dominant, but no one just naturally wakes up and thinks being tied up would get them off. At some point, a situation occurs that makes them say, "Hey, this is fun. Maybe unnatural is a bad word, but it's not innate.

I could go on about this, just because I think it's interesting. I think sexual activities that involve social implications and roles are fascinating, and that's why I enjoy talking to people from the BDSM community. I don't think most people from the community are perverts, but I do think that when someone says, "Oh, I was born a Dom/me or a sub," well, no. They were born with certain personality traits, sure, and ASSUMED a role. No one is born to like bondage. It's an acquired taste. Does that mean once a connection is made, it's easy, or even a good idea to sever it? No. Enjoy it. Safe, sane, consensual BDSM can be a blast, but it ain't preprogrammed into us.

For people into EXTREME humiliation/dangerous pain or being immobilized, I consider that something that needs to be delved into. Guy who enjoys being trampled? Not so much. He had a positive experience and made a connection. Cool. Not the same thing as heterosexuality/homosexuality.