View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #42
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I'm not sure if you're talking about this thread, or the last one?
Both, I guess, though mostly the last one. Given that I am the one who really brought up mental instability, and that my posts have been used most often as examples to rail against, it's hard not to think that, whether it's intended or not.
Quote:
I think very few people here will be in total agreement about much of anything, but I think it's helpful to hear all the different views/takes on something that is so controversial... even here where it has some sort of "home".
I'm not sure it has a home here, AM, as easily as people pile on if the PC thing isn't said. I'm hoping that this thread might be different.

I certainly don't expect others to agree with me, but only not to mis-characterize what I have said and attack based upon that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
You answered your own question, smart ass.

Quote:
Note: I think immobilization, force-feeding, and feederism are different things. Not saying they're all the same.
I agree, and I think so much is about intent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post
Ehh, I'm starting to ramble. Regarding Tina's comment, though, that the only tube feeding pics she's seen are of otherwise unstable women, I think that has less to do with feederism and more to do with the culture of Internet exhibitionism.
See, that's the thing, I don't know what it has to do with. I suspect some certainly are people who do it because of some dysfunctional reason. Fact is, if one is doing something that is leading intentionally to self harm, that isn't exactly healthy in any sense of the word. It's possible there are some who do it for little temporary kicks, or just, as you say, because of the culture of internet exhibitionism. I have no way of knowing, really, but did notice the commonalities of tube feeding and mental illness regarding what I have seen and read. It's something that isn't really discussed. And I can see why -- one misstep and it's a pile-on. I can see how my initial post might have come off as judgemental, just the way I said it; but I really did not mean to be snarky even if it came off that way.
Quote:
I don't share the tube-feeding fantasy, but if I did, I expect I'd want it to be something private and intimate -- unlike simple eating pics, it's not something I'd share with the world at large. I don't know how many people tube feed in private, but if, as Tina says, the only ones who expose it publicly Have Issues, that makes me think that the desire to show it off might involve deeper self-esteem problems.
I never said that "the only ones who expose it publicly Have Issues," but more that that is all *I* have seen, and I would never claim to have seen it all, that's for sure. I don't know about the rest, or what you say about self-esteem issues, but I'm guessing that if someone is also doing other, serious, things to harm themselves, it could be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I think that there will be a hypersentitivity around this subject for a long time. If I stated that every person I've ever known who likes to tan has exhibited some form of mental deficiency I'm sure I would get a good talking to, even if what I'm saying is true according to my experiences.
I think that might be too much of a generalization, right? I mean, the only similarities I can see is if the person is talking about wanting to die and of the various ways they harm themselves, and that tanning is part of that. And then they go to something like this extreme:

It's all context and intent, IMO.
Quote:
EDIT: By the way, I hope my posts aren't coming off as hostile or angry. I'm not. I'm just saying stuff.
No, you're not, to my mind anyway.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote