View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #45
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I think that might be too much of a generalization, right? I mean, the only similarities I can see is if the person is talking about wanting to die and of the various ways they harm themselves, and that tanning is part of that. And then they go to something like this extreme:

It's all context and intent, IMO.

No, you're not, to my mind anyway.
My scenario was hypothetical. I'm not into tanning. I think it's dangerous and ruins the skin, just my opinion. Most people who do it are very level headed people save for a few exceptions. One is bipolar and has been in and out of the hospital and had several suicide attempts, the other is an alcoholic and a druggie. I saw the alcoholic one day and she looked wonderful. I told her so and she immediately started to put herself down saying she hadn't been tanning in a while and she felt pale as a ghost. That's when it hit me: the tanning actually highlights the wrinkles in her face and around her eyes. That's why I thought she looked so good.

My two friends are whackos. If they were the only two people I knew who tanned, and given my dim view of tanning as a whole I might begin to question the sanity of people who tan. It's my belief that it is dangerous, it ruins the skin plus I have rosacea and my skin takes a sore beating from the sun. I have no understanding of the practice. I'm not sure if we're talking about a person who has publicly declared that they want to die and that they are intentionally trying to tan themselves to death. Their desire to die and their desire to tan may be completely unrelated.

EDIT: I meant to hit preview but I hit post by accident. Some folks may have a death wish through feeding themselves to death but for many it's completely unrelated.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 04-13-2007 at 04:13 PM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote