View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #64
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
You are always so concerned with protecting feeders and fa's, yet I don't see that sense of protection for your fellow fat woman. That I find very sad.
Because more often than not it's always painted with the man who is the evil controller and the woman is a helpless victim, even if she went fully willing into the relationship/gaining, and continued to gain past pains in knees, reach issues, mobility issues, etc.

I believe in personal responsibility. I've done some extremely stupid things in relationships (long ago) and while I'd love to blame the "abuser" (and in every true sense he was)... I was there, I did those things, I made those horrible choices. I am to blame for getting myself there, and I had to get myself out.

Again, disclaimer as required, I'm talking about women who enter consensual relationships - not any type of forced/deliberately manipulated situations.

So, while I feel bad for their pains or struggles, they walked that path on their own. There is plenty of anecdotal information about the struggles and risks of obesity, and true... while one may not understand them until they're under them, they KNOW the possibilities.

It would be like me getting hooked on heroin and blaming the fact that I couldn't know what it felt like to be addicted until it was too late. I know the risks, I know the downfalls, I don't tread that path because it's too dangerous to me. People who choose to follow "dangerous" paths have to live with the consequences - that is fully their choice.