View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #67
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Because more often than not it's always painted with the man who is the evil controller and the woman is a helpless victim, even if she went fully willing into the relationship/gaining, and continued to gain past pains in knees, reach issues, mobility issues, etc.

I believe in personal responsibility. I've done some extremely stupid things in relationships (long ago) and while I'd love to blame the "abuser" (and in every true sense he was)... I was there, I did those things, I made those horrible choices. I am to blame for getting myself there, and I had to get myself out.

Again, disclaimer as required, I'm talking about women who enter consensual relationships - not any type of forced/deliberately manipulated situations.

So, while I feel bad for their pains or struggles, they walked that path on their own. There is plenty of anecdotal information about the struggles and risks of obesity, and true... while one may not understand them until they're under them, they KNOW the possibilities.

It would be like me getting hooked on heroin and blaming the fact that I couldn't know what it felt like to be addicted until it was too late. I know the risks, I know the downfalls, I don't tread that path because it's too dangerous to me. People who choose to follow "dangerous" paths have to live with the consequences - that is fully their choice.
Exactly. Brenda, I find it offensive that you think that I'm always only on the side of FAs/Feeders.

I've been a fat girl all my life and I've struggled with it and have seen others struggle with it. I know what's it like.

Like AnnMarie, I believe in personal responsibility. I believe that if a woman makes the choice to either become fat, or become fatter that is her business and her choice. I teach my students that actions have consequences, good or bad. Your words were:but the consequences are all hers. He always walks away with his life and health, she does not.That is the nature of a feeder/feedee relationship. One of them is going to get fat and sometimes it's a mutual gaining relationship and both of them gain. My point is she made the choice and the consequences of her actions belong to her alone.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote