View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #23
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Chicken and Cabbage

Friday Thanks for bumping the thread. I would have never found it. Okay - there's really not a whole lotta recipe here because it's my own.

I have a wok-like frying pan. I heat up sesame oil and while that's heating, I slice up a boneless chicken breast and three cloves of garlic (mince it) - I like it very garlicy. You could use less if you're not a huge garlic fan. Just be sure it's fresh.

I throw the garlic in the sesame oil for a minute and then put in the chicken and stir fry it until the pink is gone. I then turn down the heat to low, cover the pan and let the chicken simmer in its own juices for awhile (today was about 30 minutes) so it will be tender.

Then I take the chicken out with a slated thingamabob and set it aside in a dish and put the juices in a measuring dealie. Into the juices I stir a couple or three tablespoons of corn starch and pour in a little extra water and some low sodium soy sauce to taste and set aside.

In the fry pan I add a little more sesame oil. I then stir fry my extra veggies (this time it was broccoli and scallions - I've also put in zuchini, cauliflower, green peppers and just about anything but tomatos) until they're tender crisp. I then added 3/4 of a medium onion chopped up and a half a head of cabbage chopped up (I usually add fresh mushrooms too but I didn't have any) and stir fry those with the other veggies until they're once again crisp-tender. I toss in some course ground pepper during the stir fry stage. Then I add back in my chicken and pour the juices with the corn starch over it and stir until the sauce thickens.

I take it out and plate it and toss some lightly salted whole cashews over the top and it's done. It's really very easy to make, tasty and pretty good for you too.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote